Hail your Water Taxi now
Our Water Taxi is a fun, scenic, and safe way to travel. Enjoy spectacular scenery and reach your destination in style. Make your journey part of the adventure.
- Single & Return Trips Available
- Discounts For Large Group Bookings
- If you do not see your desired destination on our list please call and we will endeavour to accommodate your Water Taxi needs
North Coast Destinations
- Rathlin Island – Explore the island, visit the Boathouse Visitor Centre and the famous Seabird Centre, or relax at McCuaig’s Bar.
- Ballintoy Harbour – Visit this picturesque fishing harbour used as a filming location for Game of Thrones. Cafe, picnic tables and facilities are available at the harbour.
- Portballintrae – A stunning coastal village close to where a team of Belgian divers discovered the greatest find of Spanish Armada treasure ever recovered from the Gerona’s wreckage. Take a walk or enjoy a delicious meal at the Bayview Hotel.
- Ballycastle – This bustling seaside town has plenty of accommodation, restaurants, cafes, bars, art galleries and gift shops not to mention the view to Rathlin and beyond.
- Portrush– A traditional seaside destination with plenty of treats for people of all ages. Shop in the town, surf, eat, or enjoy the amusements at Barry’s.
- Portstewart – A relaxed harbour town with a pretty seaside view and plenty of eateries. A walk on Portstewart Strand, a Blue Flag beach with miles of ancient dunes is highly recommended.
- Greencastle – Immerse yourself in the history of this scenic fishing port on the Innishowen peninsula, complete with Anglo-Norman castle and Martello Fort.
- Cushendall – Explore the historic Georgian streets including the Curfew Tower. Visit Oisin’s Grave, a megalithic court cairn believed to be the resting place of the Celtic Warrior Poet before dining in Harry’s Seafood Restaurant and browsing the local gift and craft shops.
- Cushendun – A picturesque village in the heart of the Glens of Antrim. Visit the caves at the beach used in the filming of Game of Thrones.
- Glenarm – This historic village has lots on offer, an imposing castle with a walled garden, café, and forest park, a salmon fishery, plenty of eateries and gift shops.
Lough Neagh Destinations
- Coney Island – An island with a rich history dating back to Neolithic times, with a 13th century Anglo-Norman motte, a 16th century stone tower and a wealth of stories. Toilet and picnic facilities available. Great camping opportunity.
- Rams Island – Exploring this island you will find a monastic round tower amongst other surprises. This has been deemed an area of special scientific interest due to the wildlife. Toilet facilities are available.
- Ballyronan Marina – This spacious and well kept marina hosts a caravan park, children’s play area and special woodland nature trail.
- The Battery, Ardboe – Visit the Ardboe High Cross dating from the 9th/10th century. Made of sandstone and standing 18 feet high, it is an exquisite example of figure carving. In the adjoining graveyard is the site where the Ardboe Pin Tree stood. Don’t miss Coyle’s Cottage, a 300 year old restored fishermans cottage which hosts traditional music nights.
River Bann Destinations
- Lock-Keepers Cottage Toome – A lovely Tea Room with plenty of treats and lots to see and do, right on Toome Canal where we were involved in the filming of Game of Thrones.
- Newferry – A hub of water sports activity with picnic and toilet facilities.
- Church Island – Located in the famous Lough Beg wetlands, Church Island harbours a church with a spire beside it and is reputed to have been visited by St Patrick.
- Wild Duck, Portglenone – Stop for a meal or a drink at this traditionally decorated pub.
- Portglenone Forest – An ancient woodland which is perfect for a walk and a picnic. Bluebell Festival takes place here every year.
Isle of Man Water Taxi – Ardglass to Peel
- TT Races – The Greatest Show on Earth, an historic event held every year at the Isle of Man during May and June. No other motorcycle race in the world is held on such a demanding track as the 37+ mile Mountain Course with seemingly unlimited bends. With speeds approaching 200mph the dedication and bravery of the riders is unmeasurable. Every year the island warmly welcomes thousands of racing spectators and provides world class racing and entertainment all set in the stunningly beautiful Isle of Man. Experience the magic, the exhilaration, the emotion; there’s nothing else like it. Same Day Return or Different Day Return Tickets Available.
- Southern 100 – The Friendly Races. Held on the Isle of Man every year during July on The Colas Billown Circuit at Castletown. First held in 1955, the Southern 100 Races is now one of five FIM-sanctioned International meetings in the British Isles. Well known for it’s friendly atmosphere and accessibility.
- Manx Grand Prix – The Manx Grand Prix has a rich history spanning over 90 years and takes place annually every August on the Mountain Circuit. An exciting event which is a celebration of motorcycle racing.
- Group Holiday/Day Trips – A magnificent and captivating island, where a rich history and spell-binding mythology reside amongst inspiring landscapes and a friendly people. Whether you stay for one day or a week, you will leave with plans to return, such is the lure of this magical place. The entire island is designated a UNESCO World Biosphere Region which is a prestigious recognition of the island’s dedication to the conservation of nature and wildlife, as well as culture, heritage and communities. Nature Lovers will be spoilt for choice with 18 national glens, forests, sandy and stony beaches, and a glorious coastline. It is a walker’s paradise. Astronomers will appreciate the low level of light pollution offering a unique opportunity to stargaze, spot the Milky Way and the Northern Lights. There are 26 Dark Sky Discovery Sites and even Dark Sky friendly accommodation. Steeped in history, there are many castles and ancient sites to explore such as the Celtic and Norse Crosses produced between the 6th and 13th centuries and Neolithic tombs. At Balladoole a 10th century Viking boat burial with two adult bodies is a fascinating landmark. With plenty of entertainment and activities to enjoy, the Isle of Man has something for everyone. You will find more information on accommodation and things to do on the official Isle of Man visitor website.
Great trip to the Isle of Mann to see the TT, highly exciting and adventurous trip it was, great professional crew and eager to please, well kitted out with waterproof suits and life jackets, definitely not to be missed, I will be back on Abhainn Cruises without a doubt..
Best way to get to and from the Isle of man TT, unreal crack and a very good skipper, definitely be back.
Absolutely first class; safe, fun and reliable, even tho the captain had the police chase us around peel lol he didn’t really tho, great fun
Such a fantastic time today aboard Abhainn Cruises. Fast, exciting, safe, reliable, knowledgeable, A really unique way to experience the TT. Top bloke Tim. Would book again in a heart beat.
From start to finish not a problem from port to port not a problem very professional set up friendly and a bit of manx historical thrown in lol good craic from skipper tim
Thanks once again Abhainn Cruises for an unreal boat trip over to the isle of man TT racing last Saturday morning. I found the journey safe, friendly and had loads of craic. I would highly recommend it to anybody.