Sight-seeing Boat Tours
Our fast RHIB boat tours are a fun, scenic, and safe way to explore the waters of Northern Ireland.
Enjoy spectacular scenery and be entertained with historical stories, folklore, legends and our famous Northern Irish craic and banter.
North Coast Destinations
- Rathlin Island – Explore the island, visit the Boathouse Visitor Centre and the famous Seabird Centre, or relax at McCuaig’s Bar.
- Ballintoy Harbour – Visit this picturesque fishing harbour used as a filming location for Game of Thrones. Cafe, picnic tables and facilities are available at the harbour.
- Portballintrae – A stunning coastal village close to where a team of Belgian divers discovered the greatest find of Spanish Armada treasure ever recovered from the Gerona’s wreckage. Take a walk or enjoy a delicious meal at the Bayview Hotel.
- Ballycastle – This bustling seaside town has plenty of accommodation, restaurants, cafes, bars, art galleries and gift shops not to mention the view to Rathlin and beyond.
- Portrush– A traditional seaside destination with plenty of treats for people of all ages. Shop in the town, surf, eat, or enjoy the amusements at Barry’s.
- Portstewart – A relaxed harbour town with a pretty seaside view and plenty of eateries. A walk on Portstewart Strand, a Blue Flag beach with miles of ancient dunes is highly recommended.
Lough Neagh Boat Tours
- Coney Island – An island with a rich history dating back to Neolithic times, with a 13th century Anglo-Norman motte, a 16th century stone tower and a wealth of stories. Picnic facilities available.
- Rams Island – Exploring this island you will find a monastic round tower amongst other surprises. This has been deemed an area of special scientific interest due to the wildlife. Toilet facilities are available.
- The Battery, Ardboe – Visit the Ardboe High Cross dating from the 9th/10th century. Made of sandstone and standing 18 feet high, it is an exquisite example of figure carving. In the adjoining graveyard is the site where the Ardboe Pin Tree stood.
River Bann Destinations
- Lock-Keepers Cottage Toome – A lovely Tea Room with plenty of treats and lots to see and do, right on Toome Canal where we were involved in the filming of Game of Thrones.
- Newferry – A hub of water sports activity with picnic and toilet facilities.
- Church Island – Located in the famous Lough Beg wetlands, Church Island harbours a church with a spire beside it and is reputed to have been visited by St Patrick.
- Wild Duck, Portglenone – Stop for a meal or a drink at this traditionally decorated pub.
- Portglenone Forest – An ancient woodland which is perfect for a walk and a picnic. Bluebell Festival takes place here every year.
Isle of Man Water Taxi – Ardglass to Peel
- TT Races – The Greatest Show on Earth, an historic event held every year at the Isle of Man during May and June. No other motorcycle race in the world is held on such a demanding track as the 37+ mile Mountain Course with seemingly unlimited bends. With speeds approaching 200mph the dedication and bravery of the riders is unmeasurable. Every year the island warmly welcomes thousands of racing spectators and provides world class racing and entertainment all set in the stunningly beautiful Isle of Man. Experience the magic, the exhilaration, the emotion; there’s nothing else like it.
Great trip to the Isle of Mann to see the TT, highly exciting and adventurous trip it was, great professional crew and eager to please, well kitted out with waterproof suits and life jackets, definitely not to be missed, I will be back on Abhainn Cruises without a doubt..
Such a fantastic time today aboard Abhainn Cruises. Fast, exciting, safe, reliable, knowledgeable, A really unique way to experience the TT. Top bloke Tim. Would book again in a heart beat.
Absolutely first class; safe, fun and reliable, even tho the captain had the police chase us around peel lol he didn’t really tho, great fun
From start to finish not a problem from port to port not a problem very professional set up friendly and a bit of manx historical thrown in lol good craic from skipper tim
Best way to get to and from the Isle of man TT, unreal crack and a very good skipper, definitely be back.
Thanks once again Abhainn Cruises for an unreal boat trip over to the isle of man TT racing last Saturday morning. I found the journey safe, friendly and had loads of craic. I would highly recommend it to anybody.